So here’s the typical contents of my bag. From left to right, top to bottom:
- Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4 - Phenomenal little lens. The system is worth buying into for this lens alone.
- Fujifilm X-E1 - Smaller, lighter and cheaper than the X-Pro 1. If you can live without the optical viewfinder, what’s not to like?
- Fujifilm EF-X20 flash - Handy little flash with optical slaving. Battery life isn’t great though.
- Microfibre cloth and ND 1.2 filter (52mm) - The filter is a must have with the Yashica’s slow max shutter speed.
- Fujinon XF 18-55 f2.8-4 - Great lens. Only problem with it is that I don’t use it much because the 35mm is so good.
- 2 Batteries for the X-E1 - Always carry a spare.
- HTC One
- Yashica Electro 35 CC - Lovely 35mm f1.8 lens, but aperture priority only, and the shutter tops out at 1/250th of a second. Flawed but fun.
- Knife - For said tape.
- Lenspen - Useless for cleaning lenses, but the brush is nice for dust.
- Nexus 7 Tablet - Probably the best value 7 inch tablet going, though it’s just been replaced by a new model.
- Spare rolls of TMax 400 - I haven’t been using film very long, but this is probably my favourite black and white film so far.
Not shown is a Panasonic GX-1 with viewfinder, because that was used to take the photo, along with a borrowed Sunpak PF20XD flash.